How do you greet in Greek?
Basic Greek Words and Phrases
- Hello: Γειά σου (YAH-soo)
- Nice to meet you: Χάρηκα πολύ (HA-ree-ka po-LEE)
- How are you?: Tι κανείς (tee-KAH-nis)?
- Good morning: Καλημέρα (kah-lee-MER-ah)
- Good afternoon/evening: Καλησπέρα (kah-lee-SPER-ah)
- Goodnight: Καληνύχτα (kah-lee-NEEKH-tah)
- Thank you: Ευχαριστώ (eff-kha-ri-STOE)
What is a good conversation starter?
Conversation Starters For Any Situation
- Tell me about yourself.
- Have you done anything exciting lately?
- What made you smile today?
- How did you meet the host?
- What’s your favorite form of social media?
- What was the last good book you read?
- Do you listen to any podcasts?
What does Opa mean Greek?
Opa! Is an expression often used in Greek celebrations, weddings and dancing. It means joy, hooray or cheers. Often you might break plates too shouting opa!!!!!!
What does SAS mean in Greek?
When meeting any Greek, it is always appropriate to say Yia sas (Γειά σας) which means ‘Hello’. On the flip side, when saying Goodbye we also say Yia sas. To thank somebody you would say Efharisto (Ευχαριστώ). To say ‘You’re welcome’ you would say Parakalo (Παρακαλώ), which also happens to mean ‘Please’.
What can I text instead of hey?
9 Things To Say In An Opening Text Instead Of ‘Hey’
- Point Out A Shared Interest.
- Ask Open-Ended Questions.
- Get Their Opinion.
- Send A Meme.
- Talk About Pets.
- Ask What They’re Looking For On The App.
- Give A Simple Introduction.
- Get Flirty.
Why do I feel like I have nothing to say?
The uncomfortable, nonconstructive experience of nothing of say is anything but easy, grounded or focused. It can happen when there’s so much stimulation that we feel overwhelmed and uncertain about the correct point of focus. This experience can feel flat or insecure, frustrating, pressurized and even terrifying.
How do you greet someone in chat?
Formal ways to greet someone include: Hello. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Good morning/afternoon/evening….Some informal greetings:
- What’s up? – this is an informal way to say: how are you?
Which is the correct way to say hello in Greek?
Basic Greek Words and Phrases Hello: Γειά σου (YAH-soo) The less formal way to say “Hi” would just be “Γεια” (Yah). If addressing a group, say “YAH-sas”.
Which is the correct way to say thank you in Greek?
Thank you: Ευχαριστώ (eff-kha-ri-STOE) Remember that a good tourist is a polite tourist. Please / You’re welcome: Παρακαλώ (para-kah-LOE) In Greek, the word for “please” and “you’re welcome” is the same, making it all the more easy to learn.
Why are Greek letters so difficult to learn?
If you’re unfamiliar, think of the angular shapes used by college fraternities and sororities everywhere. Unlike the Latin alphabet of romance languages, Greek letters are indecipherable for English speakers, making the language more difficult to learn than Romance languages such as Spanish, Italian, and French.
How to say please and You’re Welcome in Greek?
Remember that a good tourist is a polite tourist. Please / You’re welcome: Παρακαλώ (para-kah-LOE) In Greek, the word for “please” and “you’re welcome” is the same, making it all the more easy to learn. It’s polite to say “para-kah-LOE” after asking for directions or the price of something.