What are the 5 scientific values?
Terms in this set (5)
- Curiousity. – A scientist shows interest and pays particular attentions to objects or events.
- Honesty. – A scientist gives a truthful report of observations.
- Open-Mindedness. – A scientist listens to and respects the ideas of others.
What are the scientific values of a scientist?
Those surveyed, using a scale from zero to ten, were asked to rate attentiveness, collaborative, courage, curiosity, honesty, humility to evidence, meticulousness, objectivity, perseverance and skepticism with regard to their importance for scientific research.
Who is the 5 Filipino scientist?
List of National Scientists of the Philippines
|2. Alfredo C. Santos, Dr.phil. (+)||1978|
|3. Gregorio Y. Zara, D.Sc. (+)||1978|
|4. Fe Del Mundo, M.D. (+)||1980|
|5. Eduardo A. Quisumbing, Ph.D. (+)||1980|
What are 5 types of scientists?
Common types of scientist
- An agronomist specializes in soil and crops.
- An astronomer studies outer space, stars, planets and galaxies.
- A botanist specializes in botany, the study plants.
- A chemist specializes in chemistry.
- A cytologist specializes in the study of cells.
What are the 7 scientific attitudes?
To be scientific mean that one has such attitudes as curiosity, rationality, willingness to suspend judgment, open mindedness, critical mindedness, objectivity, honesty and humility etc. attitude regulate behavior that is directed towards or away from some object or situation group of objects or situations .
What are the six scientific values?
This report emphasizes six values that are most influential in shaping the norms that constitute research practices and relationships and the integrity of science:
What are the 4 scientific values?
The first of the six values discussed in this report—objectivity—describes the attitude of impartiality with which researchers should strive to approach their work. The next four values—honesty, openness, accountability, and fairness—describe relationships among those involved in the research enterprise.
What is scientific attitude and values?
These attitudes include curiosity, honesty in the recording and validation of data, flexibility, persistence, open-mindedness, willingness to tolerate uncertainty, and an acceptance of the provisional nature of scientific explanation. These are the features that characterise scientific thinking.
Who is the most famous Filipino?
Top 10 Internationally Famous Filipino Celebrities
- Manny Pacquiao. Probably the most famous Filipino in the world, professional boxer Manny Pacquiao is the only eight-division world champion which made him popular in the boxing field.
- Pia Wurtzbach.
- Lea Salonga.
- Arnel Pineda.
- Bruno Mars.
- Vanessa Hudgens.
What are the top 10 Filipino inventions?
Top 10 filipino inventions, some of these inventions was ground breaking worldwide, like “Patis”..
- Medical Incubator.
- 16-Bit Microchip.
- Quink Quick Drying Ink. The Quink quick drying ink’ was invented by Francisco Quisumbing, a chemist.
- Modular Housing System.
What are the 15 branches of science?
What are the 15 branches of science?
- Oceanology. The study of oceans.
- genetics. The study of heredity and DNA.
- Physics. The study of motion and force.
- zoology. The study of animals.
- Astronomy. The study of stars.
- Marine biology. The study of plants and animals that live in the ocean.
How many scientists are there in the Philippines?
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) indicated in its latest Human Resources in Science and Technology in the Philippines report that the country has a total of 721,000 science and technology (S) personnel in 2010. At face value, it surpasses the UNESCO standard.
Why are Pinoy scientists important to the Philippines?
Pinoy Scientists is Reyes’ way of giving science in the Philippines the face — or faces, in all their diversity. “We don’t even think about science as a career… When I was younger, I didn’t dream about being a scientist, even if I really liked science,” says Reyes. “I wanted to be an architect I wanted to be a lawyer
Which is the highest award in the Philippines?
The rank and title of Order of National Scientist of the Philippines, abbreviated as ONS ( Filipino: Pambansang Alagad ng Agham ng Pilipinas) or the Order of National Scientists is the highest award accorded to Filipino scientists by the Philippine government .
Who is a data scientist in the Philippines?
MANILA, Philippines – Filipino astrophysicist and data scientist Reina Reyes said that scientists are radioactive particles. If you put them together, you get “critical mass” and that’s when things start happening.