What is a fancy word for SAD?
OTHER WORDS FOR sad 1 unhappy, despondent, disconsolate, discouraged, gloomy, downcast, downhearted, depressed, dejected, melancholy.
What is a softer word for SAD?
▲ Being mournful or feeling sorrow. sorrowful. unhappy. miserable.
What is a nickname for a sad person?
morose Add to list Share. A morose person is sullen, gloomy, sad, glum, and depressed — not a happy camper. When someone is morose, they seem to have a cloud of sadness hanging over them.
What does tear jerking mean?
tear·jerk·er (tîr′jûr′kər) Informal. A highly sentimental story, drama, or performance, often intended to arouse heartache or sympathy. tear′-jerk′ing adj.
What are 5 synonyms sad?
synonyms for sad
What are sad names?
WORST BABY GIRL NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS
- 1 – Akuji. The meaning of this African name is “dead and awake” – not very cheery for a new life!
- 2 – Cecilia.
- 3 – Claudia.
- 4 – Deirdre.
- 5 – Desdemona.
- 6 – Dolores.
- 7 – Emily.
- 8 – Hecate.
What do you call a feeling of great regret or sadness?
Noun. sorrow, grief, and woe mean a feeling of great sadness. sorrow is used for a feeling that something has been lost and often feelings of guilt and regret.
What are the most hated names?
MOST HATED BABY NAMES
What is a sad girl name?
Girl Names That Mean Unfortunate
- Akuji (African origin) means “dead and awake”.
- Cecilia (Latin origin) means “blind”.
- Claudia (Latin origin) means “lame”.
- Deirdre (Gaelic origin) means “sorrowful or sad one”.
- Desdemona (African origin) means, “ill-fated one” and “misery”.