How do I fix compile errors in Excel?
- Open Excel file which is having issue, press Alt + F11 go into its Visual Basic Editor.
- From the Tools menu select References ( Note, if references option is disabled in tools menu try closing and reopening file and enable Macro before proceeding next steps)
What does Compile error in hidden module mean?
Getting a Compile error in hidden module: link error when you’re opening or quitting Microsoft Word on your Mac usually happens when code is not compatible with either the version, architecture or platform of the application. It is caused by Acrobat DC, which installs an add-on that causes the error.
How do I fix compile errors in the hidden module in Excel 2007?
Excel 2007 “Compile error in hidden module: This workbook”
- Clear the files from Excel startup folders from the locations mentioned below:
- Note: Take a backup of files before deleting them.
- If the above step fails, try to open Excel in safe mode and check the result.
- Excel /safe.
- Note: There is space between Excel and /
How do I fix Compile error in hidden module in Excel for Mac?
Know About Compile Error In Hidden Module Excel
- Symptoms of Compile Error In Hidden Module Excel:
- Fix 1: Turn of Add-ins that are incompatible with the 64-bit Mac Version.
- Fix 2: Place the link Creation.
- Fix 1: Download the latest version of the add-in for Adobe Acrobat 5.0.
- Fix 2: Alter the location of Pdfmaker.
How do I fix compile errors in VBA?
Compile Error: Can’t find project or library
- Open the database or application.
- Open a module in Design view or press ALT+F11 to switch to the Visual Basic Editor.
- On the Tools menu, click References.
- Clear the check box for the type library or object library marked as “Missing:”
What is a compile error VBA?
Compile errors refer to a wider group of VBA errors, which include syntax errors. The syntax of each individual line may be correct, but when put together, the lines of your code don’t make sense. Compile errors are highlighted when you compile or run your code.
How do I fix Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module?
- If you have access to the VBA code in the document or project, unprotect the module, and then run the code again to view the specific error.
- If you do not have access to the VBA code in the document, then contact the document author to have the code in the hidden module updated.
How do I fix a compile error in a hidden module?
- Update Adobe Acrobat. The Compile error in hidden module error can be due to two Adobe Acrobat template files in MS Office folders.
- Run Stellar Repair for Excel.
- Move Pdfmaker Files to Another Folder.
- Reregister OCX Files With the Command Prompt.
- Update the Norton Antivirus Software.
- Uninstall Norton Software.
How do I fix compile error in hidden module version on Mac?
Fix 2. Place the linkCreation. dotm file on your desktop and refresh Word
- Close your Microsoft Word app.
- Open this folder: ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9. Office/User Content/Word.
- In the Word folder, you will see the dotm file. Drag this file to your desktop.
- Refresh the Microsoft Word app.
What is run time error in VBA?
Runtime errors are often caused by unexpected data being passed to the VBA code, mismatching data types, dividing by unexpected zeros, and defined cell ranges not being available. Runtime errors are also the most varied and complex to track down and fix.
What is On error GoTo 0 in VBA?
On Error GoTo 0 disables error handling in the current procedure. It doesn’t specify line 0 as the start of the error-handling code, even if the procedure contains a line numbered 0. Without an On Error GoTo 0 statement, an error handler is automatically disabled when a procedure is exited.
How do I fix syntax error in VBA?
To do this, click on ‘Tools’ and then click on ‘Options’. In the options dialog box, make sure that the ‘Auto Syntax Check’ option is enabled. If the ‘Auto Syntax Check’ option is disabled, VBA will still highlight the line with the syntax error in red, but it will not show the error dialog box.