What Philips TV do I have?
Find the label on the side or back of the TV. The model number is composed of letters and numbers like so: “HD4690.” Review the TV’s user manual for the model number. Look on the TV’s packaging or box to find the model number.
How do I reboot my Philips TV?
How to reset Philips TV to factory settings?
- Press the ‘MENU’ button.
- Press the cursor down to select SETTINGS.
- Press cursor right twice.
- Press the cursor down to select RESET AV SETTINGS.
- Press cursor right on START NOW. Press the ‘OK’ button.
- Press the ‘MENU’ button to exit the menu.
How do I troubleshoot my Philips TV?
How to Troubleshoot a Phillips Flat Screen TV
- Check the cord to the Phillips flat screen television.
- Examine the prongs of the cord for irregularity.
- Push the up arrow button on your remote control.
- Plug the video input cord into the correct video input slot.
- Pull the cord out of the electrical outlet.
How do I know what year my Philips TV is?
How to find out my Philips TV model. You can find out the model of the TV from the sticker on the back of the TV. If the sticker cannot be seen or it is missing, then you can find out the model number from the TV menu, find the TV information menu.
How can I tell if my Philips TV is a smart TV?
To check if your TV is smart, try pressing the Home or Menu button on your TV remote. If a number of squares showing small ads for TV shows, or logos for apps such as YouTube and Netflix appear, congratulations! You already have a smart TV!
How do I unfreeze my Philips TV?
What to do when the TV reboots or freezes?
- Unplug all devices. Unplug all devices connected to the TV.
- Restart the TV. • Unplug the TV from the wall socket for at least 1 minute after the LED light has switched off.
- Exclude the connected devices.
- Test a different electrical socket.
- Contact Philips TV Support.
How do I reset my Philips TV that wont turn on?
If the television still won’t turn on, turn your TV off at the wall and unplug it from the plug socket. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in and switch it on. This is called a ‘soft reset’, and should recalibrate the TV.
Why is my Philips TV not coming on?
Check that the TV’s AC power cord is plugged into the power outlet. Unplug the TV, wait for 60 seconds. Then re-insert plug into the mains socket and turn on the TV again.
How do I reset my Philips TV without a remote?
Unplug the TV’s AC power cord from the electrical socket. Simultaneously press and hold down the Power and volume Down (-) buttons on the TV (not on the remote), and then (while holding the buttons down) plug the AC power cord back in. Continue to hold the buttons down until Erasing screen appears.
Why is my Philips TV zoomed in?
TV REMOTE CONTROL: Use the TELEVISION remote control and select the button that says RATIO, HOME, WIDE, ZOOM, P. CAB or SAT REMOTE CONTROL: Use the CABLE or SATELLITE remote control and select MENU. Once in the MENU, select ASPECT RATIO or PICTURE SETTINGS and adjust the picture size to fix the problem.
How do I change my TV resolution?
Change the aspect settings to fit your TV:
- Press MENU on your remote control.
- Use the down arrow button to highlight Settings, press OK.
- Use the down arrow button to highlight Television, press OK.
- Select TV resolution, press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select HD 720p, or HD 1080i or HD 1080p.
- Press OK.